Sunday, January 08, 2006

Home Movie Music

In the few home movies I've made, one of my biggest challenges is picking the music. I have a big library of music from rock to jazz to metal to blues, country, punk whatever. I try to avoid too much of the obvious or already overplayed. At the same time, I try to really hear the lyrics. Does the song's title or refrain really reflect the song's meaning? Would you want your Mom (or your kids) to listen (really listen) to the song? I used "Let's Go", a Ventures track on one and really liked it: Let's Go. Cool surf vibe with no real lyrics but fit in well with the DVD.

I also really like this one from the Barenaked Ladies, maybe a little sappy but would probably fit in well in one of my videos - "When You Dream"

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?